As seen on Dragon’s Den / Xpose / Ireland Am and more
A word from Holos creator
My name is Niamh Hogan and I am the dreamer behind Holos Skincare. I’m passionate about the simple luxurious beauty of nature and the world we live in. I love to make people happy, to make them feel healthy and well which was what I did in my holistic therapy clinic for 13 years. The move to skincare came organically from the work I did with people. Plant oils infused with aromatic essential oils always featured in my treatments, and it was only a matter of time before my curiosity took over and I wanted to learn more about the plants I was using.
When I opened that can of worms, I couldn’t stop! Taking healing from nature is powerful. There are so many plants in your garden right now that have powerful benefits for body, mind and skin!
I am an advocate of health, not just in terms of, you need to exercise or eat well. I mean health, as in making healthy choices, for you, and that is why I am very clear on our holistic approach to creating Holos Skincare products. First of all, Holos fits into your life, not the other way round. YOU find what works for YOU. Secondly, Holos products are skincare products, having nutritional, therapeutic and age preventative benefits to the skin. Thirdly, the ingredients we use are chosen because of their purity, their simplicity, their effects not just on your skin but on how they make you feel.
And fourthly, something that is hugely important to me and my amazing team is the effect we have on the world in the creation of our products. We are very careful in our production and daily practices to be kind to the environment and to source our ingredients from ethical and sustainable sources.
With these 4 aspects in mind, I created the mission for my brand and it is a mission I and my team live by every day.
When I started this journey, my curiosity was plant oils and essential oils but the knowledge that has come from exploring more and more plant ingredients has brought me to a place where we can create products made from natural ingredients, backed by science and made with a conscious. These values formed my vision.
I look forward to continuing to share knowledge with you and thank you for joining me and my team on this journey.
Niamh Hogan, CEO Holos Skincare
Natural Age Prevention
Holos is luxurious plant-based aroma skincare that nurtures skin health to help PREVENT the signs of premature ageing.
The ingredients used in Holos Skincare have naturally occurring nutrients like vitamins, essential fatty acids and antioxidants that absorb into the epidermal layers to feed the skin helping to maintain its health and youthfulness.
- Vitamins – prevents fine lines, smoothes the skin. Keeps skin youthful
- Antioxidants kill off free radicals that cause damage in the skin. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant which is abundant in plant oils.
- Essential fatty acids that plump, smooth out fine lines and lock in water to keep skin hydrated.
- Active ingredients absorb and create change in the skin resulting in less dryness, dehydration, fine lines, inflammation, blemishes, pigmentation etc depending on the active ingredients.
Holos has won an abundance of awards, all visible on the home page and on each of the products in the shop.
Holos was named “Most innovative Irish Brand” at the Image Business of Beauty Awards 2018 and won “Best product launch” for This is More range at the Irish Pharmacy News OTC awards 2019
We believe in:
- Prevention is better than cure – Holos encourages you to think about skincare like you do your food. Nutritious food keeps you healthy and prevents illness and disease. Nutritious skincare keeps the skin healthy and prevents the signs of premature ageing. Would you wait until you’re 40 to eat vegetables? Why wait until then to use nutritious ingredients on your skin?
- Skincare as an extension of your health care – The Skin is the largest organ of the body, it needs to be looked after. It is a waterproof protective covering as well as being an excretory organ. It needs to work efficiently.
- There are no rules – Holos provides the advice, you make the choice. We fit our products into your life. You can take care of your skin with 1 product or 10, we’ll make sure if it is only 1, it will be the best one for you.
- Essential oils – These provide skin benefits as well as benefits to the overall wellbeing through Aromatherapy and absorption into the bloodstream.
- Plants – Oils, butters and extracts derived from plant sources and are rich in skin nutrients. Many of these plants are also food sources.
- Vegan and cruelty free – No finished product or any ingredient contains animal-derived ingredients nor is any finished product or ingredient tested on animals. We only work with partners that adhere to our strict ethos.
- Ethical and sustainable practices – Business, daily practices, sourcing and production are carried out with the environment and sustainability at the fore.
To read more about our ethics, check out this blog post: When it comes to ethics Holos Skincare takes things very seriously