I believe most mums were happy with a bit of snow we experienced recently in Ireland. We managed to do a giant snowman and enjoy a sled ride on the white carpark in front of our house. Many snow ball fights. Ok, two days are enough! After two days my daughter started missing her friends living a driving distance from us. No chance to use a car. A tractor maybe…
What to do when even Shadow the cat was bored and sleepy for the last two days…
What a nearly 8-year-old girl and her mom can enjoy together? Holos Body Oils and a well-stocked pantry saved one of our evenings. Home-made bath bombs!!!
I got the original recipe from https://wellnessmama.com/
Here is what we used to get 7 bath bombs:
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid (any Polish shop will have it)
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
- 3/4 cup Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of Holos Good Morning body oil and 2 tablespoons of Holos Love Your Skin body oil
- 2 teaspoons of water plus a little more if needed
- Combine dry ingredients (baking soda, salt, citric acid, and cornstarch) in a large bowl and mix well until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and water.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients a few drops at a time. Mix well with hands (wear gloves if you have sensitive skin). Add powdered dried herbs if using.
- Mixture should hold together when squeezed without crumbling.
- Quickly push mixture into molds, greased muffin tins or any other greased container. Press in firmly and leave until hardened (we used ours the next day. Obviously! 🙂 Use one bomb for fun, two for a relaxing bath and well moisturized skin. No need for a body lotion after.
- When dry, remove and store in air tight container. Use within 2 weeks.
We also added food colouring to some bath bombs but we noticed that those without food colouring behaved better. Colourful bombs expanded next day and had to be reshaped again.
Those bath bombs are the safest for kids, without unnecessary chemicals or preservatives. We encourage everyone to do it. Great fun, not only for kids.
There is one more benefit of making bath bombs. The whole house smells divine of Holos Body Oils and creates very relaxing ambiance.
Have fun! 😀
Ewa & Chloe x